Senior Accountant - Audit Services
Oliver, Rainey & Wojtek, LLP (ORW) is a medium-sized professional accounting firm located in San Angelo, Texas. With over 40 years of providing superior services to our clients, we pride ourselves in our ability to be a firm that is enjoyable to work for and rewarding to work with. Our clients include individuals, small and large businesses, trusts, estates, and non-profits spread across various industries.
ORW is seeking a candidate to fill a Senior Accountant position in the Oliver, Rainey & Wojtek Audit Department. The ideal candidate is looking for professional growth and opportunities to enhance their current skill set. The role of the Senior Accountant is to assist with financial statement audits, reviews and compilations under manager and/or partner supervision. Examples of the responsibilities the chosen candidate may be responsible for include:
- Undertaking small non-complex audits which will involve identifying audit risks and performing preliminary planning procedures
- Preparing financial statements in accordance with the client's accounting framework
- Reviewing team members' work for accuracy and compliance
- Presenting audit reports to the Board of Directors
Oliver, Rainey & Wojtek, LLP offers competitive compensation, generous PTO, health insurance, life insurance, and retirement plan benefits. The hours for this full-time position are 8-hour days throughout the year with the exception of the Audit Department’s determined busy season. During our busy season, additional hours are needed to meet our client's needs. We allow a flexible work schedule beyond traditional business hours. We make a point to recognize the efforts of our staff during the busy season by awarding additional compensation. During the summer, we close our office on Friday afternoons as another benefit for our staff.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience with an in-depth understanding of auditing and control practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
- CPA certification