Associate - Audit Services
San Angelo, TX
Oliver, Rainey & Wojtek, LLP (ORW) is a medium-sized professional accounting firm located in San Angelo, Texas. With over 40 years of providing superior services to our clients, we pride ourselves in our ability to be a firm that is enjoyable to work for and rewarding to work with. Our clients include individuals, small and large businesses, trusts, estates, and non-profits spread across various industries.
ORW is seeking a candidate to fill an Associate position in the Oliver, Rainey & Wojtek Audit Department. The ideal candidate is looking for professional growth and opportunities to build on their current skill set. The role of the Staff Associate is to assist the in-charge Partner or staff members to the greatest extent possible. Examples of responsibilities include:
- Working on portions of audit and accounting engagements
- Researching questions on accounting and auditing principles
- Independently managing individual workflow
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements
Oliver, Rainey & Wojtek, LLP offers competitive compensation, generous PTO, health insurance, life insurance, and retirement plan benefits. The hours for this full-time position are 8-hour days throughout the year with the exception of the Audit Departments' determined busy season. During our busy season, additional hours are needed to meet our client's needs. We allow a flexible work schedule beyond traditional business hours. We make a point to recognize the efforts of our staff during the busy season by awarding additional compensation. During the summer, we close our office on Friday afternoons as another benefit for our staff.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or the in final stages of obtaining an Accounting degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
- The desire to obtain their CPA certification with enough accompanying hours to pursue CPA certification